Wednesday, October 19, 2011

What's the common thread here?

For two seasons I have watched HBO's Hung series. Now I'm catching up on Season three.



Ray is a teacher, who needs more money, so he sells his body.

Remember when I was watching Breaking Bad? That was a teacher who got lung cancer and made crystal meth to get money for his family.

What is is about writers needing to make teachers the main characters who need money and have to go all illegal to get it?

Sort of a sad commentary.

1) Teachers make peanuts.

2) And once you are a teacher there is evidently nothing else that you can do to get money.

3) If you can't do, teach.

4) If you can't teach, think drugs and sex.

I'm thinking of writing a series for television.
It's about a retired teacher on a pension.She finds out that a fixed income doesn't give her time to travel or shop or live the freedom she was denied for over 30 years in a restricted environment.

She decides to start a brothel at a Nursing Home. The patients are overmedicated, thus unsuspecting. The nursing staff is unsuspecting when the patients are unmedicated. The drama and suspense are trying to sneak clients in during visiting hours.

I think is should be a hit. It certainly follows the lines of teachers going bad. I mean, how else are they going to get money?

No comments:

Post a Comment