Friday, January 20, 2012

Internet How Can I live Without Ye ?

It's really sad, I can't live without the internet.

Our internet has been down the last two days and I feel lost, as if I am wandering, listless.

Even though I could use my phone, I like my laptop and the bigger screen.

I find comfort using my computer. And so I have suffered greatly these last two days.


I couldn't look up recipes.

I couldn't look up websites, do my virtual browsing.

I couldn't look up mindless crap.

I couldn't listen to NPR on my iPad while I worked.

I couldn't watch Netflix.

I couldn't read blogs, my voyeurism in action.


I called Mediacom and someone would come to repair it in THREE MORE DAYS.

You'd think I'd been told I was a prisoner of my home.

So we took this problem in our hands and traded in our modem at the Mediacom office.

At first it did not connect. I felt as if I'd been told there was no Santa Claus. I was that disappointed.

Then I had one more idea...there was a different (who knows how new) cable that came with the modem, so I tried that and

GOLLY! SHAZAM! We were back in business.

So where as prior to this connection I sat down to read a magazine, in silence, which I must admit was rather nice; as soon as I got the connection I immediately sat down with my lovely, laptop.

So, while I will admit my addiction and dependence on the all technological, I do acknowledge that I should spend some time away, in silence, with the written word without backlighting. Or with my own thoughts.

It was a lesson to be learned today. Let's see how well I remember the lesson tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment