Wednesday, January 18, 2012

College Entrance Essay

I just saw on NBC that the latest for a college entrance essay is 25 words or less on a variety of subject titles, like
What was your favorite thing about last Tuesday?

So I thought I'd give it a try.

When you wake up know you can sleep in and not pay attention to an alarm clock, you know this is the best.

Or what about....

A Tuesday means patience. The last weekend was two days ago and the next one is three days away. One must persevere.

another try...

Snow. Snow coming down. Knowing I did not have to leave my home. Snow looks great from inside.

a prospective student shouldn't try this...

A glass of wine, consumed slowly, with pleasure swirling slowly in my mouth, is one of the greatest joys in life.

and lastly...

The best part of Tuesday is nothing. Nothing horrible, nothing fantastic, nothing extraordinary, nothing devastating. Normal is good. Normal is comfort.

Hmm, wonder what the criteria would be for grading such a short little passage. What makes one stand out above another?

Very intriguing.

Do you think I could get in to Harvard? Yale? Brown? Scott Community?

No comments:

Post a Comment