Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My latest

Brain Booster.

As we age we need to use our brain and challenge it in ways so that it can create more synapses.

I'm really trying hard to keep all the cells I have and create new ones.

So I have created my own Brain Booster.

I practice it every time I park my car in a parking lot.

I park, get out, don't really pay attention to where I have parked, and walk in to the store.

Then when I come out of the store, THIS is when the brain boosting starts.

You can even score points.

You get 100 points if you walk the most direct route to your car THE FIRST TIME and with confidence. This means NO ONE looking at you would think you had lost your car.

You get 75 points if you are heading in the right direction, walking a little slowly, but never wavering.

You get 50 points if you head out the door with confidence, then stop in your tracks, wondering where you parked your car, spend one minute thinking (If you are in the middle of the road, subtract 20 points) and then head to your car.

You get 25 points if you head out the door and start looking around, make one or two wrong turns, but within three minutes you make it to your car.

You get 10 points if you head out the door, walk in the wrong direction, right yourself within two minutes, press the unlock on your car and thank heavens you are within distance to see the lights flashing and you head to the car. (The use of electronic devices is kind of like cheating, thus the low number of points.) If you use the unlock and are no where near your car to see the flash, this would enable you to get only 5 points.

You get 0 points if you head in one direction, realize after walking the entire row of cars that yours is not one, then go another aisle, dart in the middle of rows, looking right and left with a clueless look AND it is quite noticeable to every one that you are lost.

And lastly, I'm afraid points get taken away if you are with another person and NEITHER one of you can find the car. Unfortunately, this indicates that as a team neither one of you had cells working nor were synapses being connected. How sad.

So just to tell you how I did today. I scored 100 points. I left the store, knew exactly where I had parked, didn't even to really think about it and BAM! unlocked the door.

I may not tell you when I score less than 100. And I for sure won't tell you about the time I got negative points.

If I knew how to create an App, I would because this is definitely one where you need an App For That!


No comments:

Post a Comment