I've always loved movie and television. Way back to "I Love Lucy" and "Leave it to Beaver" and "Father Knows Best."
And these last few weeks I'm in love with an array of Showtime shows. Through a connection of Josh's I've been able to catch up on several seasons. I mean this is really good television.
There's Dexter.
I have a biased love for that show AND it is incredibly riveting drama as well. I mean, who wouldn't want to watch a blood specialist kill serial killers?
Here's the Main Title once again, lest you should not recall its classic appeal.
Showtime has a new series, Homeland, starring Claire Danes.
Ed and I were hooked right from the start. Last night we watched the last four episodes. Truly magnificent.
You can see a first episode free here.
I love Nurse Jackie.
What a character, Jackie. A nurse addicted to pain killers. Every episode is a lesson in how to manipulate everyone.
Then there is Californication. Yup, just about as bad as the name dictates. It is a guilty pleasure show, watching Hank self-destruct. It also makes me anxious when I watch it, thinking Josh and Olivia live in this kind of world. (Oh yah, it's not real, BUT based on some truth, right?)
Another series that started last year is Shameless. I fell in love with the characters. Emmy Rossum played the female lead. She was fantastic. Second Season starts tonight.
Then the pièce de résistance is The BIG C. The writing on this show is outstanding. A blend of laugh out loud humor along with the love and sensitivity needed for a show on cancer. This character is dealing with life like I think any one should in her condition. However the Second Season finale is STILL lingering with me. She is so real for me that I find myself thinking about how she's doing. The writing, editing, acting is THAT good.
I actually like Showtime better than HBO. And we have HBO. I"m thinking of adding Showtime. And I believe it is saying something about the caliber of television now when big name stars will be cast in a show and not snub tv. There are some great writers out there and finally they are getting a chance to"air" their craft.
Kudos!





No comments:
Post a Comment