I just finished the first in the trilogy by Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games.
It's a teen series, but a good read.
Check out the trailer here.
A chat with the author here.
A review from Seattle Times with a little excerpt that expresses how I felt reading it.
The Hunger Games, written by Suzanne Collins, is fiction in the young adult genre, which is not my age group, but I found myself unable to put it down. Its combination of nerve-racking tension, thrilling action, and engaging love story kept me up until the wee hours. I was surprised at how completely engrossing the plot was. Like Brave New World, this story is set in a future where the government oppresses its people, but the book also borrows ideas from the Greek myth of Theseus and the Minotaur.
Read more of the review here.
Now I am going to get Book #2, Catching Fire and then Book #3, Mockingjay.
I highly recommend the book. It's a fun read and I'm not a real SciFi reader. Plus I was motivated because the movie comes out March 23rd and I can't see a movie and THEN read the book.

No comments:
Post a Comment