Friday, April 27, 2012

City Slickers


These photos show the four fantastic cities my children have lived in or currently reside.

I love them all (kids, in laws, cities)

One of the greatest pleasures of my life is to visit my children.

One of the other greatest pleasures is to get to know these cities.



Denver.
Extremely friendly people.
Nice seasonal temperatures.
Very low humidity.
Easy going attitudes.
Rays of sunshine every day.

Seattle.
Every corner a Starbucks.
A little rain...
Temperate climate.
Totally laid back.
Love shopping downtown.
Eddie Bauer catalog dress code.





Los Angeles.
Obnoxious wealth.
Sophisticated casual.
All healthy lifestyle.
Nothing in minimum, all in excess.
Great people watching.
Exercise at the beach.
Love the restaurants. Every one.
Every aspect extremes.
Sun, sun, sun.


Chicago.
High fashion.
Intellectually stimulating.
Close to me.
Always good food.
Great city transit.
Over the edge driving.




I would have never imagined fifteen years ago that the kids would live in all these cities. I can't tell you what I thought. Would they choose one city and settle down? Would they travel around? Would they be close or far away? I really had no idea.

The distance breaks my heart, I will confess, but I can accept that they have their own life to live. And they are happy. And I'm just eternally grateful they allow me to visit for a number of days.

Now if I can just convince them to add a small bedroom, bath, and kitchenette on to their homes.

A little Guest House in two great cities works for me, what's their problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment