Monday, April 16, 2012

Energy

I will not even pretend to understand energy fields, or the alignment of the universe, or cellular combustion. Science is not my bag, not biology, not physics, not chemistry.

So my point?

I am amazed at how one day you can wake and be full of energy and then the next you have lost all the zap. And let's rule out physical pain in this equation.

What is aligned to make it a good day?

the sun?

the amount of sleep the night before?

a good hair day?

a smile from your spouse or co-worker?

getting up on time?

your jeans fit?

the stars in alignment?

a challenge?

no challenge?

free time?

a plan?

It really causes my curious attention. Because I know you've experienced it just as I have. Some days you wake and the world is open and free and you can do no wrong. You have energy to accomplish everything from the mundane to the magnificent. And no matter the woes in your life, you can tackle them on this day.

Then there is the day that you wake and you don't want to get out of bed. You want someone to serve you breakfast in bed, you want to watch tv or read in bed or pull the covers and sleep. If you do get up you have no focus or disdain for every task you force yourself to do. Sometimes there can not be enough caffeine. You just want to do what YOU WANT TO  DO and not do a thing for anyone else.

Why? I really don't know and maybe no one does, but I notice it. And maybe it's never as drastic or to the extremes I mentioned, but it's there. Some days are just better than others.

And sometimes there are those in-between days, which is today. As soon as I get moving I'll be fine. I've just got to get moving.

Maybe that's the key, move, get the blood flowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment