I love to watch Fashion Star and Project Runway.
I think I almost love Fashion Star more because it moves rather quickly from creation to presentation in the hour.
What I don't care for are two of the three mentors. Jessica Simpson, really? Nicole Richie? What has she done other than be the daughter of a celebrity musician? I'll give John Varvatos his talent, but the other two, are some marketers draw for something, but I can't figure out the target. Cuz lord help us if they are viewed as talent or mentors.
I do adore the fact that the fashions are in the stores for purchase. There have been some wonderful designs, certainly not for my age range or body type, but I can so appreciate the talent and the fabric.
Whenever I watch these shows it makes me itch to go get a mannequin and buy some fabric and start creating. It's not that I have designs floating in my head, but when I try clothes on in stores I think, I could do this. And then I am constantly wanting a few alterations on the ready mades to fit my body type (hiding flaws) or age (hiding sags). However we have such lousy selections of fabrics here in our stores. Unless you want to quilt.
Ah, the Midwest. I spend my whole life living vicariously....




No comments:
Post a Comment