Thursday, April 12, 2012

This is what you can do

when you are retired...

you can read all day.

Yesterday I picked this book up from the library.

I started to read it last night and read about five pages and went to sleep.

Then this morning I woke up and read a few more pages in bed.

Then a few more pages while I ate breakfast.

Then a few more pages after breakfast.

I broke away to go to yoga.

Then I read a few pages while having a free iced tea at Dunn Bros.

Then I came home and had lunch and read.

Then I decided I had just a few pages to go...

So I finished the book by 2:00.

Then I took a walk.

So basically I read a book today.

Do I feel guilty? Not a bit.

Was it a good book? Oh sort of, but it was one of those books that flows so easily that it was the perfect book to read in one day.

I've seen Elizabeth Berg a couple of times and she has commented that writing dialogue is easy for her and it's true. The conversations in her books just make is seem like you are right there.

So, for a one day read, pick up Once Upon a Time, There was You.

(Oh and that's why I was a little late in getting this post written, I was reading....)


No comments:

Post a Comment