Monday, May 21, 2012

Is it anal or reasonable or cautionary?

Here's the story.

I used my credit card points to buy a ticket to see Baby Girl California in July.
I made the reservation in February. Five months early.

Am I anal or reasonable or cautionary?

Last week I thought I would check the airlines to make sure I had a reservation.

Am I anal or reasonable or cautionary?


I couldn't find it. I really wasn't too worried, so I checked the credit card site. It was there marked, confirmed.

I breathed easier.

Yesterday I decided to check the airlines again.

Not there.

Am I anal or reasonable or cautionary?


So I contacted the credit card travel rewards company by phone. Yes, it was there. Use this confirmation number.

I did.

Not there.

Am I anal or reasonable or cautionary?


I call the credit card travel rewards back. It's not there. She says I have to talk to them in person. She connects me.


The airlines is very polite. Yes, there is something for my name and confirmation number, however the confirmation is cancelled.

CANCELLED?

Oh, I'm sorry, not ticketed.

WHAT IS NOT TICKETED?

Not paid for.

OMG.

Yes, you must contact the company you booked the ticket with.

Am I anal or reasonable or cautionary?


So I call the travel rewards, AGAIN and sure enough, she confirms it is not paid for. (WHY did she not see this the first time?????)

I must speak to my supervisor.

Naturally.

Am I anal or reasonable or cautionary?


I think we know the answer.

She returns after a few minutes and I have a new confirmation number.

I call the airline to confirm that I am confirmed there.

Yes I am.

Am I anal or reasonable or cautionary?


Cautionary. Always. But why do I have to double, triple, and quadruple check?

That is what disturbs me more than anything, all the questioning. All the inquiries.

I just want someone to do their job the first time.

Am I anal or reasonable or cautionary?

No comments:

Post a Comment