She touts it as being the world's largest classroom and I have to agree.
I thought the wisdom of the message was transformative, globally.
Here are some important words I took away:
When we let the words of others bother us, we need to remember -
"It's just observations coming from other people and if I attach meaning to it, it can be hurtful or not and THAT lies within my control."
Let it go. Let it be.
When we have an overreaction to someone and snap or say things we shouldn't it is most likely because "someone did it AGAIN. And we stack our experiences and our bodies become flooded with negative biochemistry." (This was an AHA moment for me. I really related to the 'stacking of experiences' terminology. It is important to quit stacking!!!)
The solution is to flood yourself with positive experiences.
Let it go. Let it be.
And most importantly we are all telling a story. And that story is a habit, an addiction. We are NOT that story. How many people excuse their behavior with a story? I am....thus I can't....The past is the past and not our present. Our story is usually a story of past behavior or transgressions.
Let it go. Let it be.
Deepok Chopra's prayer -
The past is gone.
The future is now.
Now I am free of both
What am I choosing now?
Let it go. Let it be.
I highly recommend attending class. It takes a long time to listen to, but the results are transforming. In a nutshell all of life comes down to our own choices. We decide how we view each experience, each conversation. We decide our reaction. We decide how we move forward or not. It reminds me of my students saying "SHE made me mad." And my response was always, "No, SHE did not make you mad, YOU chose to be mad. You can choose to NOT to be mad too."
It takes a long time, maybe we work on it forever in our lives, to not overreact or be overly sensitive. I truly believe people closest to us in our lives do not intend to hurt us with words or actions. Maybe that could be expanded to no one really intends to hurt, they just say what they are feeling and it's our reactions that cause the hurt within.
Let it go. Let it be.
Words to live by.
Namaste
No comments:
Post a Comment