Sunday, July 15, 2012

The Heat is On


"The heat is on, on the street
Inside your head, on every beat
And the beat's so loud, deep inside
The pressure's high, just to stay alive"


Yup, that's what I feel like.
I hate the heat and the humidity.
I was talking to this young girl from Georgia and I mentioned, probably more like complained, that I hated the heat and humidity. She said, "Oh, I'm from Georgia, I love it."
From this statement I made this assumption that if you grew up in a warm, humid climate, you will like a warm, humid climate.


However this theory does not transfer to me.
I grew up in Iowa.
I hated the heat and humidity as a child.
We didn't have air-conditioning when I was growing up. I can remember on hot summer afternoons, I just wanted to lay on my bed or the sofa, with a fan blowing on me, sort of Scarlet O'Hara like, and read a book.
My mom always had other ideas, (chores), for me to do.
I can't stand to sweat and I don't really sweat a lot (is this TMI?) but I just don't like the clammy feeling on my skin.


So back to my Georgia theory, I guess I was born in the wrong state.


 Maybe I was adopted?



No comments:

Post a Comment