Saturday, October 6, 2012

People of the Book

is my recent book.



I'm trying to read as much of Geraldine Brooks as I can before she comes to the QC in November.

Here's an interview with her about this book.

I enjoyed it, but not as much as Caleb's Crossing. Then March and People of the Book run a close second.

I am excited to hear her in person. Her books are so erudite. I've been reading hard copies, but wish I was on my ipad because sometimes her vocabulary goes a bit beyond my grasp. Which is good, right, to read a book that challenges you?

I am amazed at her ability to write in the vernacular of the time. I can't imagine the time she must spend to get the wording and phrasing and expressions just right. And then she has to devote so much time to research.

I am truly impressed with her writing and her intelligence.


No comments:

Post a Comment