Sunday, November 18, 2012

Lincoln

We saw this movie yesterday afternoon. The theater was packed. The crowd clapped at the end.

Yes, it was excellent.

I felt like I was transported back in time seeing video of President Lincoln.

Daniel Day-Lewis was outstanding as Lincoln. I can't see Liam Neeson in the role, as he was first designated to play the lead.

I will be shocked at Oscar time if Daniel Day-Lewis doesn't win for Best Male Actor. I tried to imagine all that he had to do to prepare for the role. He was so believable. He was every bit the Lincoln we all have in our imaginations.

It was really interesting to see how Lincoln traveled without an entourage or Air Force One or Secret Service. And the White House really was the people's house as he met with individuals who had concerns. Unheard of today.

And I felt ignorant of historical information. My education involved history, but I just chose to memorize what I needed for tests and not really absorb information. I know now if the information had been presented to me from more of a people aspect or probably more like a soap opera, I probably would have retained some information.

Fortunately it's not too late...

No comments:

Post a Comment