for being retired is that tonight I get to stay up as late as I want and watch ALL of the Oscars, if I so choose.
I love watching the Oscars.
Even when they are bad.
This year I have seen several of the movies, which I always don't get around to doing. Obviously when I worked that was harder, now I really have no excuse AND there is that Senior Citizen discount!!!
I am going to be shocked if Daniel Day Lewis doesn't get Best Actor for his portrayal as Lincoln. I just thought he was fabulous. Tell me how this does NOT look like Lincoln.
However, a truly long shot for Best Actor would be Bradley Cooper.
I am rooting for him only because he is so darn cute.
Just look at that smile.
And he's taking his mother tonight.
They don't make them any sweeter.
As far as the film to get the Best category, hmm, that is going to be a tough one. I have not seen all. This is the list I managed to watch -
Life of Pi
Lincoln
Silver Linings Playbook
Argo
Les Miserables
Django Unchained
Zero Dark Thirty
Not bad, I say.
I just saw Zero Dark Thirty today and I think I will need therapy after. It was VERY realistic. Very sobering. The last section when the SEALS were invading the house of Bin Laden was tense, even though I knew the outcome I was mesmerized and frightened. I cannot tell you the amount of courage and faith and gumption and guts and drill and skill and knowledge the SEALS must have. I kept wondering how it was that they did not sh** their pants when going on such an assignment.
As a country we should be eternally grateful.
And they certainly don't get paid enough.
Why is it that the actors portraying them are getting ten times the money?
Somehow it's just not fair.
Putting all that aside, I will enjoy my Oscar fix.
Someday I want to sit in the bleachers outside and watch them walk the red carpet. I'm putting that on my Bucket List.
Happy Oscar Night!


No comments:
Post a Comment