It is with great sadness I leave (tomorrow). I have loved every minute of being part of this family.
Natalie and Brad were so gracious as hosts. I never felt like an intruder or inconvenience, but very much a part of the mix. For this kind act I will be eternally grateful.
And Aven. She was my joy. Being a long distance grandparent is hard and this allowed me, albeit brief, an opportunity to really get to know her. And just when I think we are hitting our groove, I must pass the torch on to her other grandma.
So, dear Aven, I will miss these things when I return to Iowa.
I will miss -
making your bottles every day, even when you're screeching and kicking because you are now quite aware of the procedure. You are not one to be fooled.
your smile when I come to retrieve you from your nap. Is there anything sweeter in life?
changing your diapers, even the poopie ones, for you cooed and talked me through the process.
your big, brown eyes and adoring looks. My how you trust. It fills my heart.
and our almost daily walks, IN JANUARY. Unheard of for Iowa, but par for the course in Denver. I was so happy to spend this cold, wintery month in a much more temperate climate.Thank you Aven, for the privilege. You won't remember, but I will never forget.







No comments:
Post a Comment