Thursday, March 21, 2013

And here's why I learned something

on Tuesday.

I went to this job interview.

My first in a very long time.

Remember, this is when I thought I needed a job.

The man interviewing me was delightful. Very charming. Very engaging.

A farmer.

He wanted someone to do his school tours.

Well, that sounded easy.

He wanted someone to connect the curriculum to the tour.

Again, something I could do.

So he started to show me around the farm.

There is so much I did not know about farming. (Almost everything)

Then he mentions that I would be showing the kids a calf for them to pet.

Uh, excuse me, a calf? (I don't really like cats. The only animal I actually like is a dog. Maybe if I thought of a calf as a large dog?)

Then he added I could also bring out a goat or a sheep.

Again, excuse me? I guess you don't know me, but I'm thinking the kids don't need to pet an animal.

Oh and one more thing, in the fall I give the kids a ride on a hay rack.

Sounds good to me. How cute.

And you will be driving the tractor.

ME! I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DRIVE A TRACTOR!

Well, maybe it's time to get out of your comfort zone.

I LIKE MY COMFORT ZONE. I AM COMFORTABLE IN MY COMFORT ZONE!

Thus, I decided not to work.

At least not at that job.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha ha...I am laughing OUT LOUD! The pictures in my mind! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay, the whole time I was there I thought, this will be a great blog! Many of my friends want to PAY to see me on the tractor! Maybe that will be my job, posing for photographs!

    ReplyDelete