Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Brene Brown

I have become a fan of Brene Brown.

She is humorous, intelligent and so realistic.

She shares and bares her vices, shows her vulnerability and I am in awe of her ability to be so real.

I was watching several of her videos on Oprah.

The one I linked to above is on joy. Oh my gosh did she hit it on the head with this one. She says people have difficult experiencing joy because as soon as they feel joy their mind goes to the opposite, what if that joy is taken away?

I've been there. Things are going well. You are healthy. Life is good. And then you wonder, but what if this is all taken away? She believes we dress rehearse tragedy to beat vulnerability to the punch.

What an AHA moment for me.

On the Oprah site she discusses vulnerability (it's the birthplace to everything),  courage (the ability to share all of yourself) and perfectionism (it focuses on what will they think?)

Profound stuff.

And she has a couple of TED talks.

Here is her latest.



Listen to her. I promise you will be affected and redirected in some way.

No comments:

Post a Comment