is my latest read.
This review by the NY Times deals with the book much more indepth than I ever could.
It was intriguing. A woman has lost a child and then when driving home from visiting his grave discovers she is herself in another parallel life. It really makes you think and question as you read, which sometimes distracted me because I like to just read. Too much thinking sometimes is work!
What I found extremely interesting is that on September 11, 2001 J. Robert Lennon was on a flight from the east coast to Chicago and then on to Prairie Lights Bookstore in Iowa City when the terrorists attacked. He rented a car for the drive to Iowa City and after his reading drove home. It was at this time the beginnings of this book came to his mind.
And eleven years later it comes to the page.
Interesting. And so is the book. It's worth your time.

No comments:
Post a Comment