but I really don't mind. I'm getting lots of inside stuff completed.
I've made a list of all our accounts and insurances, etc. to give to the kids. Everything I've been doing for my dad has given me the inspiration to get my own act together. It will make it so much easier for the kids. Mentally you think, aw, I'm too young to have to worry about this, but then when I recall the number of my peers who are not here to think that same statement I know that it is never too early, but can always be too late.
Then I decided to make a list of all my web sites, user names and passwords. OMG! Have you ever really documented all that? It is crazy.
Some of the sites I never use any more and then I'm wondering can I delete my account? Or does it stay there forever, even if dormant? Hmmm. And I hate signing up for sites, but sometimes in order to peruse you have to sign up. And then when you find out it is useless? You can certainly unsubscribe from getting emails, but to delete your presence like it was never there?
Also part of this rainy weekend we decided to rent a couple of movies. Sometimes we agree readily on a movie, but other times we struggle.
As I'm writing this I'm trying desperately to recall the first movie we saw on Friday night. I can't. I'm stuck. I can't even remember who starred in it. So I just asked my better half and he couldn't remember. Whoa, what does that say? (Please think what does that say about the movie, NOT our memories.)
Finally we recalled it was Promised Land with Matt Damon. As you can probably infer it was not a memorable movie. Really very slow moving and rather boring. It wasn't because it lacked action, it just lacked substance. However the really crazy thing about this movie is that Matt's character is from Eldridge, Iowa. How funny is that? Someone working on the show must be from the area because how else do you pull out a little town like that from Iowa?
Then we had a struggle with what else to rent.
He wanted a rock 'um, sock 'um, lots of action movie. I hate those.
I wanted something with substance. Like the one out about Franklin D. Roosevelt. Hyde Park on Hudson. He didn't want to be educated.
So we settled on 10 Years. Ever hear of it? Us either. It was supposed to be a comedy about people reconnecting at their 10 year reunion. Don't ask me how we got to this movie. It was not a combination action and substance.
It was not funny. It was rather realistic, rather predictable and not all that interesting. And I am so glad we only paid $1.28 to watch it.
Tonight however is the much hyped Behind the Candelabra on HBO. I hope that is all it is touted to be.
It's the perfect weather to be inside.
No comments:
Post a Comment