that's what my new Driver's License photo makes me look like.
An inmate.
You can't smile.
My glasses had to come off.
I had to push my hair back.
And the camera did not have a soft lens for those of us who have dark bags, deep lines and patchy skin.
So not only do I look I'm serving a life sentence, but that I've had no sleep the entire time in prison, plus maybe a few altercations with some cell mates along the way.
I'm telling a receptionist about my lovely photo shoot and she shares that her grandfather was never one to get his photo taken. He was a mechanic, lived a simple life and had no reason to pose.
No problem.
Until his death and they needed a photo.
Oh yea, you guessed it. The only shot they had was his Driver's License.
She said it looked a lot like he was at all times.
Say it ain't so with mine.
So at this time I do declare to my children, please, upon my death find any photo, use magic marker to enhance it for all I care, make a mustache, make a beard, but do NOT use my Driver's License mug shot.
In fact, if I have time and know I am dying before you get here I may burn it, just to save you one less thing to throw away.
No comments:
Post a Comment