Monday, July 15, 2013

The Lone Ranger

is the movie we went to see yesterday.



It was more my husband's idea. As a general rule, or probably more in my opinion, he does not choose really good movies for us to see. He likes the high testosterone action films. I prefer more depth of subject or the light romantic comedies or comedies in general.

The reviews of this movie were not great, but it was hot and humid and we didn't want to stay cooped up inside or work outside.

It was really rather entertaining. Funny. Johnny Depp played his role with great comedic timing.

It was a lot more violent than I wished it to be, but I say that as I'm watching all seven seasons of the Sopranos. It sort of prepared me for blood and gore.

The killings certainly make it not a family movie and it could have been. There was no reason for the gore.

At the end of the movie, when they are reaching the plot (ahem) climax they play the Lone Ranger theme, strongly and loud and with feeling. It really was exhilarating.

Here's the original, just for nostalgia's sake.



Another observation I was having the entire time I watched the film was all the cost and work and time spent creating the effects. Often I was thinking "how did they do that?" and "is this computer driven or real?" Sort of took away from the storyline (not that there was that much of a plot) but still.

I would really wait until Redbox, if this movie is of any interest. Or if the weather is lousy and you need something to do....

No comments:

Post a Comment