Saturday, July 13, 2013

You say it's your birthday


It's my birthday too, yeah
They say it's your birthday
We're gonna have a good time
I'm glad it's your birthday
Happy birthday to you
 -- The Beatles

Yes, today I am one year older. My how time flies. 
Isn't age a funny thing. When you are 12 you can't wait to be 13.
Then there was 16.
18.
21.
30.
Maybe even 40 and you sort of groaned, but tolerated that beginning decade.
And then
all the years began to add up
and pretty soon 
you are pretty darn old.
How in the heck did that happen?
And now I am in my last decades.
It seems sort of unreal to think of it that way.
Now I really need to celebrate each year
because it means I made it to another one.
And I've had too many experiences in my past
to not appreciate my present.

And so today I am grateful.
And I filled with gratitude
that I made it another day,
another month,
another year.
I have been given so much 
and for that I will always, 
always,
be thankful.

Cheers!






No comments:

Post a Comment