Monday, November 11, 2013

From the Other Side

I stopped at the grocery store today and there was a gathering of pre-schoolers and their moms or grandmas waiting for a tour of the store. The kids were so excited.

It made me smile.

Now that I don't have to be in charge of kids on a tour.

I grew to dislike field  trips so much. The kids were wild. Well, not all of them, but enough of them to be annoying. I had to constantly be monitoring behavior. I had to watch for hands touching, bodies wandering, rude comments, bully behavior, you get the idea.

But today as I saw those eager, adorable pre-schoolers, my heart melted. I would love to be on the tour holding the hand of ONE child. THAT seems manageable. 

I love kids, just not an entire classroom of them at one time.

1 comment:

  1. I get to go on Parker's field trip to HyVee on Wednesday...I am looking forward to it for the same reasons you mentioned! Just one little peanut to hold my hand! :)

    ReplyDelete