Monday, December 2, 2013

Senior Living

Bear with me, but I am up to my eyeballs in the accouterments of Senior Living and I am going to post my thoughts this week.

Today is the second day my MIL has been in a Senior Living Community. And it really is like a little club or frat or sorority for the aged, of course.

When my dad went into a community, he knew several people there and the transition was rather smooth. On the other hand for my MIL she knows no one. So we have been going to eat with her and visit frequently to make things go more smoothly.

Today at lunch was her first meal alone. I glanced at the clock at 1:00 and thought, "Gee, I wonder how she is doing." Just like we did when our kids were in kindergarten or at their first dance or in their first class at college.

I'm right back at it, worrying about the "kids".

Just as an FYI, she did fine.

There was another lady who moved in on the same day and tonight at dinner my husband and his mother and this lady and her granddaughter all ate together at the same table. My husband and the granddaughter working hard to have the two ladies become "friends".

Again, just like play dates.

This is going to be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment