Tuesday, January 28, 2014

1985

So, the fourth Snow Day for local schools. We haven't had this many Snow Days in years.

AND it's not even the end of January.

I'm hoping that February and March turn out to be much milder than normal.

I think we deserve it.

So, guess what I did yesterday? Yup, scanning. (However I did walk on the treadmill and clean upstairs.)

I don't know if this is our highlight from 1985, but it certainly depicts the time. That summer we took the kids to Milwaukee and Six Flags Great America.

Here we are roasting marshmallows.


I'd like to tell you I have fond memories of camping, but fond would be the wrong adjective. I'm not sure I even have memories of us taking the kids, but more memories of MY family camping when I was a child. I never cared for camping. A nice Holiday Inn was more my desire.

So why did we camp as a family? Your guess is as good as mine. I'm sure it was a cost saving measure. I wasn't working then, except as a Pre-School teacher, and so I'm sure this seemed like a less expensive way to vacation.

Kids are resilient. They loved it. And we only traveled around the Mid West. 

I wasn't sorry to see the camper go, but as I look back at the photos I'm so glad we gave the kids the experience. Check that one off my Give Your Kids Experiences Checklist.

No comments:

Post a Comment