Thursday, January 23, 2014

RPMS

One would think in retirement there would be plenty of time to do anything.

It is true. There is lots of time, however getting things done is the problem. Time seems to slip away and then if someone asks, what did you do today, it is kind of hard to recall.

I am a disciplined person, I like routine, but after thirty plus years of getting up early and getting out the door by a specific time I find I like my leisure mornings. And then sometimes they turn into leisure late mornings and pretty soon it is afternoon and I no longer have the desire to do what I thought was a morning activity.

So recently I read about some routines of the Socchi Olympians and one really struck with me. I can't remember who coined it, but it is RPM.

Every morning her routine is:
RISE
PEE
MEDITATE

I thought it was perfect because I am so trying to get a meditation in every day. So I added just one more thing to the routine: Sun Salutations

Thus:

Rise
Pee
Meditate
Sun Salutations

Really it is not that difficult, but it is so easy to find an excuse…...






No comments:

Post a Comment