is the movie we went to see tonight.
UGH.
Lots of sex, lots of drugs
And to think it was all real.
Oh em gee.
And what ticks me off the most is the main character was a salesman, a crook, taking money from people with no remorse AND we (the audience) played right into his hands again by paying money to watch the movie based on his book.
If I would have known I wouldn't have gone.
DiCaprio was great, played a real sleaze real well.
I just didn't care for the content. I didn't like the abuse of women. The lax use of drugs. The taking advantage of the little people.
As I was watching (before I knew it was a true story) I was hard on myself saying I take things too literally, too much to heart. I felt so sorry for some of the characters. And then when I discovered it was true it actually made it all worse, even though I know a film takes liberties.
So if you want to learn about how easily we can get duped…this is the movie for you!
No comments:
Post a Comment