Sunday, April 6, 2014

Airports

I'm getting quite familiar with airports. Denver. LAX. Cedar Rapids. Chicago Midway. Quad Cities International.

But I love the Palm Springs Airport the best.

Once you get in the terminal and go through security you go outside. They even have a bin of "airport umbrellas" to use to go from one gate area to another. This is for the one tenth of an inch rain they get every week. It's quite the trauma to experience rain in California.

Here is the Sonny Bono Concourse,


named after their late, great mayor.


In this area outside our gate palm trees just grow quietly amid the commercialism.



For our trip to Palm Springs we flew via Dallas. On our return we flew to Chicago O'Hare. I hadn't been to O'Hare in a long time and in the terminal I stopped for lunch at Frontera, a Rick Bayless restaurant. Now that's some good airport food.

Then as we walked towards our gate, this was in a section. 


Can you believe it? Organic Produce. In. An. Airport.

We've come a long way, baby…..

Yet, we still have a long way to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment