Sunday, June 1, 2014

How Quickly

one forgets the mind of an almost two year old.

Aven and I had the day together waiting for her daddy to come home. She must have been excited about the thought because she woke up at 5:15 rarin' to go.

By 8:00 we were on the sidewalk in her pink car. I don't know what the noise ordinance rule is here but I was hoping noise could start then because man, that car is loud!

After a morning nap we decide to go to Towne Center to see if the Farmer's Market had started for the season. It had not, but that didn't deter us from having a wonderful time watching three boys, ages 3-9 play. We would have liked to have entered in, but they made it quite clear what they were doing was for 'big boys'.

So we traveled on to the grocery store and I managed to convince the Miss traveling In the stroller was a good thing until we were about ready to leave and she saw a pony. The vintage, put a coin in and ride kind. So I put her on it, put in the penny ( nothing has ever been so cheap ) and held her tight and she immediately cried and wanted off. So that created a clinginess and there was no getting back in the stroller. But she was willing to walk, holding her baby and then, of course, since we had been shopping she wanted to hold a bag. Just think what her mind has processed in a short twenty months? Amazing. Just think what mine has lost? Frightening.



Besides the word NO being the answer to every question, we communicate quite nicely. When I retrieved her after an afternoon nap she immediately noticed the pink car was missing.

Car?
Oh Gg put it in the basement.
(Sad face, close to tears) No, Gg, go get it.

And what is a Gg to do but get what her granddaughter wants. And silly me for thinking she would forget about it. Again, have I learned nothing in twenty months?

Then while we were waiting on the deck for her daddy to come home the neighbors came over. She called them each by name and their two dogs. She forgets nothing, which is the way we want it, even though sometimes it would be nice if we could pull one on them once in a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment