Friday, June 13, 2014

Manners Make Me Smile

I've always felt it's those little things that please people the most.

Lately as I've been walking the bike path I've had the most enjoyable encounters with youth who are so very polite.

They say hello.

If they are passing, they announce, "On the left" and then say "Thank you"

It just makes me smile.

Someone, I assume a parent, is doing some great modeling and teaching on the importance of manners.

A simple please and thank you take a person a long way in a conversation or relationship.

I watch my own children encouraging and practicing with my granddaughters. To hear a two year old say please and thank you at the appropriate times can only give faith to the success of our future generations.

“Life is short, but there is always time enough for courtesy.” 
― Ralph Waldo Emerson

“The real test of good manners is to be able to put up with bad manners pleasantly.” 
― Khalil Gibran


No comments:

Post a Comment