This is all surreal and I have no idea what I've done or am doing.
My little car got attached to a UHaul
and I followed it down the road, for about 14 hours.
Then we arrived in CO and had to wait a day for our movers. So we slept on air mattresses in our apartment and watched the sunrise
And ate breakfast creatively. A yogurt parfait
and cereal in a rectangular display.

Then we spent most of the day trying to sort our junk and it is all junk, really. Why do we collect so much stuff? I'm not certain, but I may become a minimalist out of this journey to the west.
In the midst of our unpacking our daughter called and asked if we wanted to join them at the Pumpkin Farm.
Well of course we did. And we had so much fun and the girls did too, they just didn't want to reflect it in this photo.
Nothing has sunk in. I think I'm here for a visit and just renting (literally) a place to stay. I'll be curious when it hits me, if ever. Maybe after living in an area for 63 years, you can never accept your new location. I will always be an Iowan living in CO. My emotions will certainly play a big part in this journey. I am rather curious to watch it unfold. I haven't spoken to anyone yet who has regretted the decision. Let's hope I'm in their group.





No comments:
Post a Comment