We worked on paint colors for the inside of the house on Wednesday and I think we have a plan! Plus we also narrowed our search on backsplash. The husband of the house will be doing those things and we wanted to wait until countertops, flooring and cabinets were in AND to go at different times of the day to catch the light.
We had a designer help us and what a life saver she was. We had the basic idea of color, but she had the eye to point out pink and green and yellow undertones. Shades we would not have been happy with once they were on the wall and then a do over is possible, just not pleasant to think about.
We also had some fun planned too.
With our community friends we went to Balistreri Vineyards. It's about 20 minutes from our house. It's a small winery. Family owned. They don't grow their own grapes but buy them from vineyards in CO. If they can't get that supply they use grapes from CA.
I learned two important details at the winery.
1) They don't have sulfites in their wines. Sulfites are what can cause headaches and all sorts of other reactions. This is closer to the way the Europeans make wine.
2) Wine tastings in CO are FREE! We were offered more than 16 different varieties to taste. That's a lot of drinking for FREE! I sampled almost all of them, but only a sip or two. Still that's sixteen swallows, plenty of wine for one sitting.
We also had lunch there and the food was delicious. Here is the antipasti offering. The platter is an oak barrel stave. So unique. Guess they used to sell them for $100 a stave.
Then this morning we went to the Boulder Farmer's Market.
I am in love.
What great varieties, even at this early stage in garden harvest.
My best find was mushrooms. I like shiitake mushrooms, they are a great prebiotic, but then I saw Lion's Mane mushrooms.
I had never heard of them before and the young man explained them to me. Great for digestion and neurological function. Current research is being conducted to see if some nutrient within this mushroom could help ward off Alzheimer's. It is also being studied as an antidepressant.
I sautéed it in butter with thyme. Added some salt. Delicious. It was a treat and something I plan on purchasing every time I'm at the market, which I would love to be every week!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment