Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Younger

I am reading this book, Younger, by Sara Gottfried.

It is absolutely fascinating. Her premise is that 90% of how we age is dependent on our lifestyle NOT our genes. Our genetic makeup is only responsible for 10% of our aging process. Wow! And here I wanted to blame my parents for everything, it turns out I am at fault for those wrinkles and very other positive or negative  on my blood work.

I have worked on eating healthy for a long, long time, but like everyone I've had lapses. Lately I've been working with a nutritionist to get to the bottom of what I really should be eating. I self diagnosed myself as someone sensitive to dairy and gluten. My testing has proven me to be right. (Don't mean to brag, but I KNOW my body.)

Working with her has been fascinating. Sometimes even the healthiest of foods can create a sensitivity in the body. So I've been limiting my foods and slowly adding them back in. Again, it is fascinating.

So this book by Gottfried just goes along with my current study. I'm not necessarily trying to look younger, however that's not a bad thing, but I am trying to keep my body in shape. My dad recently told me about a resident in his Assisted Living that passed away. They just found her on the bathroom floor in the morning. Now THAT is the way to go. Just boom. So I'm hoping to eat right and exercise and avoid toxins and then just POOF go out in the night, none of this lingering stuff.

But we all know we don't always get what we want. I may just die trying. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment