Saturday, August 26, 2017

The Other Half of the First Day

So I went to babysit A on the other half of her first day. I just loved it. As with N, I plied her with questions. A is very talkative and once she got rolling I heard a lot.

She and her mommy and I went out for a celebratory lunch. Then Mommy had to go back to work so we went off for ice cream. After all what better day to get ice cream than on your first day of Kindergarten.


You may notice she has changed outfits. Well, what girl doesn't love to buy clothes, wear clothes and change clothes?

This particular number happens to be a vintage dance leotard from her mother. Her mother wore it 33 years ago. A treasure according to A.



So we went to get ice cream, the library, and to get H at daycare in this bumblebee ensemble. You should have seen the smiles.  And people asked her about it. She told them it was her mother's. Later that day she remarked to me that a lot of people certainly were asking where she got her outfit.

This is the joy of being a grandparent. I don't think her mother would have let her wear it as I did and I don't think I would have let her mother wear it. But a grandma will let a grandchild do anything.

We had such a special afternoon.

I love, love, love being a part of my grandchildren's lives.



1 comment: