Friday, September 1, 2017

Celestial Seasonings and Leanin Tree

On Wednesday we took a tour with our community. It is so relaxing to have someone else plan a trip. I just don't care if I look like a senior, which is what I am, the joy of not having to think is sheer joy.

So we toured Celestial Seasonings factory. I had toured it five years ago on a visit to Natalie, but Ed did not visit at that time. So we went with the group.

It is really interesting. The most powerful part is to walk into the room where they store the peppermint, your eyes water and your sinuses clear. Yikes!

They have a sampling tour. It's a great opportunity to try some teas you may have never tried before.

After lunch at the factory we traveled a mile to Leanin Tree.

I had never heard of Leanin Tree and was certainly in the minority. Since 1949 they have made greeting cards. At first they started out being a western or cowboy theme and now they make a wide variety of cards.

Ed Trumble, who owns the company, is soon to be 93 years old. Within the walls of the factory is a museum where Ed displays his western themed art work. The museum closes on August 31 and all contents will be sent to Scottsdale, AZ to be auctioned. He feels it is time to redistribute his artwork while he is still alive and make sure it goes to a good home. The cards will continue to be made at his factory, as his four children run the business.

I'm not a huge fan of western/cowboy art, but I can appreciate the artistic talent.

Ed loved this artist (can't remember his name)






1 comment:

  1. Leanin Tree has the BEST cards (I've never seen a cowboy themed one). I buy them all the time!

    ReplyDelete