is what I have been. I was going to say lazy, but that's not true. I just haven't posted in a while.
I was in Iowa for four days and it felt like four weeks.
That's what Assisted Living can do to you.
Imagine how my dad feels.
The weather was wonderful, but inspire of the 75 degrees my dad had his heat turned to 85 AND he covered himself with a blanket.
I thought I would die.
I call him frequently, so we pretty much covered all topics of interest in the first thirty minutes. And I was yelling to overcome his hearing, so as you can imagine it was difficult.
My 89 year old aunt, his sister, came two days to eat lunch with me. She saved my days.
I shudder every time I go to his residence. It is a lovely place. The staff truly are caring and mindful of the residents. It does feel like family, HOWEVER, it depresses me to see the status of the residents and the life they have remaining.
The medical profession and its continuance of drugs for our various maladies has truly not done us any favors. Prolonging life, just to prolong life is not worth the effort. I watched my mother live many years beyond what should have been natural due to her dependence on drugs.
My parents are not of the generation to say no to doctors. They do everything a doctor says.
I'm hoping I will be of a different generation and attitude. I am hoping I will know when it is time to say no.
No comments:
Post a Comment