I picked up this book on Monday at the library and returned it on Tuesday. By the third page I was hooked. I had to force myself to put it down and get up and move.
I just loved it.
Stay with Me by Ayobami Adebayo
It is heartbreaking. Don't read it if you want to be uplifted, but do read it if you want a page turner, if you want to be carried away by the lives of this couple and the choices they make. The story is about an African couple, with African cultural traditions. The language is written as Africans speak English, not always grammatically correct.
I just loved the characters. I was engrossed in their lives and I couldn't wait to see how the author had ended the book. Every page brought something new to the character or the plot or the understanding of the complexity of life.
I really, really liked it.

No comments:
Post a Comment