Monday, December 11, 2017

The Weekend with my CO granddaughters

On Saturday we went to Disney on Ice with our daughter and granddaughters. (Our son in law was in Iowa at his alma mater, ISU, for work.)

We had so much fun. Not only are the costumes and talent of the skaters a sight to behold, the BEST part is watching the reactions of the girls. Too precious.

Then on Saturday evening the girls stayed over as their parents had a Christmas party to attend.

On Sunday morning we took them to a new restaurant that has opened nearby. The term restaurant I must use loosely. The ONLY food they sell is cereal. And none of it the healthy stuff. They have over 100 sugared cereals every made in the US and some from the UK.


There are two ways to order. One - you can create your own bowl by either choosing one cereal or by combing as many as you like. Then there are also add ons, again NONE of them health conscious. things like marshmallows, Reese's pieces, sprinkles (which they had in a shaker on the counter that you can just add to your cereal.

Two - you order their specialty mixes. A ordered Unicorn Poop. Who wouldn't? Fruit Loops and a couple of other cereals and whipped cream and sprinkles and strawberry milk. I'm sure there was enough sugar in there for a month. Her mother knew we were going, but I'm sure she hopes that is the last.



H had Frosted Flakes with marshmallows.

They were seated at a kid sized table. Everything in primary colors. There were screens with cartoons, a throwback to when we all had cereal on a Saturday morning in front of the tv.


Even the restrooms were cute and colorful. The lower half of the wall was metal so they had magnetic numbers and letters for kids to create while they wait. Adorable.


I just can't imagine the place will last long. People truly are more health conscious today, I think. But it was so creative and so fun. (I had coffee, BTW)

We do intend to take our CA grandchildren here when they come at Christmas. And their mommy won't be happy about it either, but she's so good about understanding some things must happen just once...It is way too fun of an experience to miss, especially when on vacation at Gg and Grandpa's.

Here's the link to The Cereal Box.





1 comment:

  1. That is amazing!! I showed Callahan the photos--she wants to go have "Unicorn Poop" hahahaha

    ReplyDelete