In the time I have spent with her I consider her to be a bad influence, in a good way.
She loves to sew. In fact her entire basement is finished with tables and desks and machine to help her quilt and sew fabulous projects. One day, last October, she was showing me some of there projects she did for her grandchildren, all close in age to mine.
I was blown away. And then I felt like I should do that for MY grandchildren.
Ha! Sewing for ONE is a whole lot easier than sewing for FOUR, but once I stepped into the never ending hole, I had to work my way out.
Her granddaughters have American Girl dolls and she had numerous patterns, so I borrowed some and began to make THREE of everything.
I made the five year olds the same outfits as I thought they would be more aware of what the other received, so to avoid any altercations....Then the almost three year old received the same article of clothing, just a different color.
So I made coats -
I made pajamas and a robe -
Somehow when I see the photos it doesn't look like that much, but man it was a lot of work! I told my neighbor I am NOT coming inside her house until July. I do not want to be enticed to do any more sewing projects!
Your doll wardrobe looks great! I am very impressed!
ReplyDeleteThat's funny--I plan to start sewing this winter! American Girl clothes for sure, and maybe some Wellie Wisher outfits (but those are tinier!)