Thursday, December 14, 2017

Traditions

I'm sure every family has holiday traditions.

Our family doesn't have that many, at least not in my mind, maybe my in-laws would think differently😉

One tradition we have is I make cut out sugar cookies. For years I tried to enroll the kids into helping me and they would, but always with a short attention span. It never turns out to be the family bonding experience you see in a Hallmark movie.

Now that my own children are adults they could continue the tradition with their children, but somehow they've decided I can carry it on with my grandchildren. And most certainly I do not object, but there is that attention span issue I spoke of.

So this year I put my teaching mind to work and I'm hoping I have a recipe for success. I took half of the dough and have baked and will freeze these cookies.


Then when my grandchildren arrive they will each get a rolling pin 


and can roll out the other half of the dough and while waiting for them to bake they can decorate  cookies. I'm hoping this hastens the process and lessens the stress and disappointment for all of us!

(BTW my neighbor had the most adorable aprons I could have sewn for the kids, but man, I just couldn't wrap my head around sewing one.more.item!)

1 comment:

  1. That's a GREAT idea! I think I will do that too!

    My mom made darling "skirt" aprons for the girls--let me know when you want to tackle that project! They fasten with velcro so the kids can get them off and on by themselves. We often find Corbin wearing Ellie's these days. :)

    ReplyDelete