Friday, December 15, 2017

Another Tradition

The only other tradition I can think of that we have at Christmas is that I buy a Hallmark Frosty and Friends ornament.

They started in 1980, but I don't think I started buying them until 82 or 83. One year I realized I had the entire set except for one or two years and my kids encouraged me to go on Ebay and buy the missing years.

So I did.

Our entire tree is Frosty and Friends ornaments.


Here is the 1980 original -


And this year's -


This is the only collection I own. I am not a collector, but I do think at some point in my life whether it be death or a smaller apartment/Assisted Living, I believe my children will have a fight over who gets the ornaments. They love to see the current year addition and love looking at each one. My grandchildren enjoy the characters also. We spend time trying to decide which one is our favorite.

Even though I do love traditions I've always been a believer in flexibility. There is too much disappointment when life doesn't go as you plan, so if you are up for whatever happens, it's a much easier go. However, I must admit, this tradition does give my family so much joy.

And isn't that also a very important part of life?



No comments:

Post a Comment