Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Dunbar Park in Chicago

was designed by my son-in-law.

We stopped to see the completed park when we were in Chicago. Natalie and Brad had moved before Brad was able to see it finished.

I was very impressed.

Isn't this walkway beautiful? It is built to support drainage. See practical can have aesthetic value.
There are two areas of playground equipment, age leveled. And the base is rubberized to help soften any falls.

The squares under the swings are also rubber, but a little more solid and can be removed when they get worn down.
There are several areas to just rest and relax.
I am so proud of him. He did a wonderful job.

Then I noticed the new equipment placed in  a park near my home.



The equipment itself looks fun, but note how well designed the area is...chain link fence. Also there is a very safe surface for the tumbles....cement.

Brad, oh Brad, where are you?????



No comments:

Post a Comment