is the book I finished right before leaving for Denver.
The author is Cathleen Schine.
It was an easy read. The author's writing style appealed to my reader sense. I loved how developed the characters were. I felt like I really knew them.
The story consists of guess who, Fin and Lady. Fin is the younger brother, Lady, the older half sister. When Fin's parents die she takes over as guardian in a very unconventional way, which leads to an interesting storyline.
You develop great sympathies for Fin and a smirk at Lady's method of raising a child. Even though I was always prepared for Lady to leave Fin alone, she did not and as they grew together you could feel their love.
There was not a lot of action. Just conversations and development of their relationship. This review may shed more light for you if you are interested in reading it.

No comments:
Post a Comment