Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Farmer's Market

I was first introduced to a fabulous Farmer's Market in downtown Seattle. I couldn't get over the fresh produce, the volumes and varieties, and the options. It blew my mind away.

Locally our Farmer's Market is improving, but it can't hold a candle to larger cities.

When I was in Santa Monica they hold a Farmer's Market downtown, in a four block area, every Wednesday. I wanted to take photos of every vendor. Each stand had the most delicious looking fruits and vegetables, baked goods, skin care products. Everything was natural and organic. If I lived there that would be my weekly assignment.

I did make a purchase while I was there. This sourdough bread. It is delicious. I think I wrote about it before. Even though it has gluten it is to be tolerable for GF eaters because of the sourdough base.


This may be too dark, but those are some HUGE artichokes.


And the fresh herbs. Rosemary grows as shrubs in SoCal. Oh, I would be I heaven with a rosemary bush or two in my yard. People have them as hedges. And we pay lots of money for a little sprig.


And who couldn't resist some gorgeous fresh flowers?




No comments:

Post a Comment